Monday, September 18, 2006

Checkin' in

I'm 28, but haven't changed much. My plan to take a photo a day, despite the inherent genius I still see in the idea, fell apart within 4 days.

I wrote this on my birthday:

"Today is my birthday, the second overseas. Since my last birthday I've spent 6 days in the U.S., and the telling emotion is the lack there of. A lack of surprise, unease, or a sense of being out of the ordinary. The longer I spend away, the further I move into what I had seen as the great blue beyond, yet the less exotic it feels."

Other than a fab weekend in Taupo for my weekend and a bit of snowboarding I've been buried with work (the IT kind). But, I'm shooting a fashion show and a concert this weekend, French classes going well, and my new flat mates are swell. Not to mention, the weather has begun to threaten spring, and that is fabulous news for a boy from Texas that feels the cold like a thin man.

No big news as I'm just pushing through the rat race.

BTW, My new address (so that I can be showered with postcards):
155 Grant Rd.
Thorndon
Wellington 6001
New Zealand

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:-) Happy belated birthday Trey! Always nice to see updates from you. So hard to believe it's been almost two years since you left Tejas...

Jessi