Wednesday, December 29, 2004

It's feeling for real.

Had a relaxing Christmas (thanks mom), watched a ridiculous amount of TV, slept a lot. Watched from Pennsylvania (no snow) the snow fall in Texas. I realized that I not only didn't need anything for Christmas, I don't really want anything after all the work I've gone through to get rid of that which I had. But it feels very real now, I miss Austin as I listen to KUT online and read about the tsunami in the Thailand. I hear on internet radio the things I love (I'm sorry loved) about the comfortable and wonderful life I led in Austin. In stark contrast I hear about the terrible tragedy along the Indian Ocean, yet instead of seeing that as a far off, disconnected event, I realize I'll be in Bangkok in ~3 weeks. I have to ask myself, is this trip a mistake if I get myself killed on the far side of the world? And my answer is no, because I'd rather get myself killed there living my life fully, than suffer the death of stagnation by not living at home. So cheers to living it up; with equal parts exhilaration and fear I'm looking immanent adventure in the face and looking forward to running with it for a long while.

1 comment: