Sunday, August 28, 2005

Ironing with a spring in my step.

“It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day… it’s a new life for me. And I’m feeling good.” Oh sing it Nina! I’m ironing some shirts for the coming week of work. Fallen into a Sunday routine of taking turns making dinner with Dougal, doing our ironing, and watching a movie.

Today the flat reverberates with Ms. Simon’s fabulous lyrics and they resonate all through me.

Thank you Jane & Dad for the clothes, all 100 lbs! I wore my boots out last night and I must say they work here, seventy-four hundred and forty miles from Texas. Like a magnetic force, we travelers managed to congregate in the midst of a packed bars as I met more brits last night - planning a ski trip with them weekend after this coming one down on the south island.

Amazingly the scent of Rockport came through the shirts as I ironed and I felt a pang of reminiscence. Hanging photos of my adventure thus far and hearing Etta James chime through, I am reminded of how good it feels surrunded by amazing memories, hear music I love, and live the life I thirst for.

Life is adventure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

greetings Trey.. Audrey and Rob visited again this weekend. Thanks to our New Zealand adventure with you, our whole life has shifted.. fabulously I might add. Thanks..dad