Monday, April 04, 2005

Heading to Tonga

I’m on the plane from Fiji, where Fiji water is cheap. I’ve split my bag up so that I’m now traveling with 2 pair of shorts and some T-shirts (I’ll be back to pick up on my day back in Fiji returning from Tonga). Looking at the south pacific below and blown away at the look of islands even from this height. The overhead announcement of arriving in “Kingdom of Tonga” in one hour only continues the excitement of watching the airports getting smaller as I go from Nadi to Suva, Fiji. Suva was already a one-gate international airport. Gotta love taking the stairs to the one plane on the tarmac.

My plan is to get my resume together while sitting on the beach in Tonga and I have to wonder what effect that will have on the style. In thinking about what work to do I really conflicted between a proper IT job where I’ll be paid more, but be in an office. Or to be a waiter and try something different – I’ve made the mistake of padding my resume instead of doing what I would really enjoy before, yet somehow I’m not convinced to just have fun with work. Maybe I’ll just do both: 3 months of IT work for the money, then wait tables at a ski resort for the ski season. Then in the summer (October), I’ll hopefully get down to Antarctica.

No comments: