Thursday, June 02, 2005

Holy hell the world is small!

Yesterday I got new roommates (a couple) with whom questioning went like this:

Me: Are you guys from North America?
The Girl: US
Me: Where?
The Girl: Texas
Me: I'm from Austin!
The Girl: So are we!

So these guys, Ali and Mike (the 2nd and 3rd Texans I've met in 5 months - all three from Austin) and I went to dinner and drinks and through conversation get this:

In 7th grade I went to Camp Longhorn and was in the same cabin with Mike, a cabin of 12 boys! So then of course we end up as roommates by chance again, 14 years later in Auckland, New Zealand.

I love how small the world is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Any doubt you were experiencing synchronicity with the universe?

At the risk of repeating myself, WOW!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Hi Trey! I've learned to pay attention to "coincidences" in life. They often offer opportunity beyond what's immediately apparent... Great to hear from you again.

--Scott

tko said...

No shit. I had a birthday party a little over a month ago here in Austin and a colleague of mine from the department came. We were shooting the shit when we discovered that we are both from Florida and both went to college in North Carolina. Then we figured out that our high schools were rivals. Finally we realized that we had totally gone to elementary and middle school together. We cracked up about old teachers and PE coaches. Crazy. We were in school here together for almost A YEAR before we discover all this. We even had a class together last semester. Tiny little world.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious. I was a "Rattlesnake" and "Coyote" at Camp Longhorn (names they gave to the cabins)back in the day (81-83). Nice to hear those "old" stories. Nice memories. I Remember the BLOB??? alex