Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Whirlwind tours

Quick update to promise a proper one:

Family is here, rotating between hugs and strangling each other (ahh, if we didn't love each other so much we couldn't push each others buttons so well!)

In Queenstown, a little but beautiful hiking, 4x4 tours, great food, and going on a helicopter to Milford Sound tomorrow! Traveling in luxury is awesome, but I know I definitely prefer 2 months in hostels to 2 weeks in 5 stars.

Heading up to Wellington on Thursday for a long weekend and then Auckland to say goodbye as Dad and Audrey leave for the US (By the way we started the trip with about 5 days there already). Something tells me I won't have the opportunity to take a deep breath, think, and write about their visit until then. (Commentary about how American travel? You better believe it.)

The visit is wonderful to say the least, it's so fantastic to share this place and what I've learned in the past 5 months.

I'm getting more comfortable with the idea of work here in NZ. Know I'll be here for at least a year, longer if I love it. What more could I want then to have a job in a beautiful foreign country that I only have to keep if love it...

Oh wait, life lesson #257: You only have to keep the jobs you love in the places you love - the world provides plenty of other options.

Don't know what I'll do if I land the Antarctica gig come October, but I cross that bridge when I get there.

Lastly, I leave on the 27th to meet my sister Whitney in Bangkok. Only a week there, a few days in Singapore, and then she'll spend about a month with me in NZ. I'll have to work during the week, but something tells me July will prove a pretty damn fine month nonetheless.

Okay, there's my not so short catch up, promise something worth reading soon -- and photos from a Helicopter, whoo hoo!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

trey... sounds like things are extremely exciting over there! i can't even imagine how crazy it must feel. things are going good here... school will be done in 8 weeks! glad you're doing well, keep in touch!

-adam
adam@kibodeaux.net
http://adamrio.net

Anonymous said...

You little ripper! Good job on getting a job. We can't wait to see you in the Fall. Warm up them shotglasses.

Anonymous said...

hey.
just happened to stumble upon this when i was searching for desktop pics.and i have to say you must be an absolutely amazing person to actually go ahead and travel all over.i for one would never ever ever have the courage(or maybe the ability as well)to do that.your family must be really proud of you.and by the sound of it, you've got a big one!how many brothers and sisters do you have??i'm form a huge family as well and we really manage to have the most fabulous arguments.
keep up the good work and God bless you.
Babs

Anonymous said...

now come on Trey, you seemed to love those Rhone wines that taste like dirt and smell like leather...oh, those 40 yr old ports..... I know it was tough sleeping with your gorgeous sister and having such intellectual conversations with Pops. I love you and we had the time of our life..