Monday, August 14, 2006

Return to Routine

After a week that felt exceedingly long, I’ve fallen back into a comfortable routine. After-work drinks and dinner with friends Friday. A run up a mountain and rock climbing separated by visits to friends Saturday before heading to an incredible dinner that was followed by a few bars and a few parties until half 3. Lazy Sunday in art galleries, sitting by the water, a spectacular performance of Mozart’s Requiem (with an earthquake mid solo – not that the musicians let on to it), more café’s with friends, and finally my fav Jazz spot like a cherry atop my weekend.

Wellington hasn’t changed, it’s still lovely but now feels almost too easy. I’m getting up earlier and dressing nicer for work despite my moral objections to this having nothing to do with my qualifications, nonetheless when in Rome… I should be starting my French classes within a week, and hunkering down to get some certifications over the next couple months. After having spent time in summer, I realize how much free time I have now that it’s always so bloody dark. Yet of course, where are the rest of the pictures? I’m just a bit lazy on that front… Waiting for inspiration…


PS I have decided to do a photo a day for a year starting on my upcoming birthday. No idea how it will come out, I'll let it be organic - but hope it will provide a cool window into this part of my life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey dude, how's it going? Nice photos from Spain. How did you enjoy the new camera? Will be interesting to see your pics from UAE.

Allan (in Singapore)

P.S. Congrats on the raise :)

Trey Guinn said...

Allan,
If you read this send me your new email address. Cheers, Trey

Anonymous said...

Hi Trey

I got this website from you Mom. It looks like your having fun. It is great you are traveling the world as I did. I know I had fun as well as learned a lot when I did it. I am still working in Algeria, let me know if you get there. Office email tecc@coxinet.net if you drop me a line I will get you my personal email address.

Uncle Dan