Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Malleable Plans

Wednesday evening around 6 PM at the office I realized the Black Eyed Peas were playing that night, so I had to go. Being the social bunny I am, I talked a work colleague into joining. Americans are pushy; add to that my "Guinn-ness" and you have an unstoppable force - naturally, Kristie couldn't say no.

A freaking amazing concert! A great part of living on the edge of the world is that you can see a huge act like the Peas with only about 3000 other people and buy your ticket at the door. A door, which I have to add, is maybe 400 yards from my front door. Follow that with a great night on the town and I think I enjoyed no less than 5 hours of solid dancing before collapsing at half 2. (Work was a blast the next day)

Weekend rolled around and the race was moved to Sunday due to a massive front on Saturday that would have cancelled the race (For some reason they can't start races in gale force winds, go figure?). Yet this was the killer for my race plans as Sunday I was set to volunteer with Foster kids. I was gutted to miss the race, but I had an awesome time with the kids. Something about the fact that I act like a 12 year old helps me get along quite well with 12 year olds.

An exhausting weekend of fun and now back at work, yet more importantly getting ready for the flat party this weekend. Quite concerned that we can't have more than 150 in the bar and we have about 150 RSVPs from people planning to bring a friend. It should pretty damn good time. I'll have to be on the pictures - speaking of, I've got to get some up from the other weekend. Will do soon.

And oh yeah, Happy Columbus Day!

No comments: