Sunday, October 30, 2005

New things.

I am on my first official business trip, whoa ho! Working with Automobile Association of New Zealand’s 80+ websites and trying to figure out how to integrate them all and leverage them better towards their business goals. (That’s the spiel at least)

A bit daunting though, when I flew in Friday morning and upon arriving at their office I realize I’m pulling up to a 20 story building that is one (granted the headquarters) of 140 odd locations. A building topped with the two letters I’ve been writing about in my proposals of late “AA”. I won a bit more business at last minute, so I’ll stay in Auckland through Tuesday to build an infrastructure strategy for the Human Rights Commission of NZ… hold onto your seats; I know how you must all be dying to do something so riveting! Really though, I must admit this is the best job I’ve ever had and I’m having a ball.

So over the weekend I decided to check back into the City Garden Lodge, one of my favorite hostels I’ve stayed in. I can’t tell you how much some time on my own has been awesome. Spent Saturday dragging a camera around Auckland and enjoying not having any conversations. I forget how good a solid few days without conversations is for me. Not to say I haven’t yet again met wonderful people in the hostel. This reinforces the whole “don’t forget to travel theme” for me. The travelers are the most relaxed, happy, and glowing people I’ve ever been around – and it’s contagious. I love that when my room was waking up at 8:30 on Saturday and I was wondering why so early, I remembered that days don’t have any meaning while traveling. Things to not forget.

I jumped into taking more pictures of plants and flowers; I’m a bit enchanted by their form as of late. Spring is in the air and I love shooting the perfection that only nature can create. I’m reminded of my desire to shoot body as landscape nudes. Not sure how I could make that happen, don’t want to use women I’m dating (dodgy to say the least). So I could always try to hire models, but what would the classified look like? WANTED: Nude female models, flawless skin, immaculate muscle tone, horse-faces no problem. I would have to kick my own ass if I could honestly seek someone in that way. Of coarse, I relish the form nature creates – including that in the body, which is the epitome of objectifying someone. Hum… do I deserver a self-delivered can of whoop ass?

So I more pictures on the way, ignore them if you are already bored of my “flower” phase.

No comments: