Friday, February 18, 2005

G'day, mate...

No, seriously they really speak this way. It's hilarious to be somewhere that speaks English I can't understand. (Of course not as bad as the Scottish guy I bunked next to in Bangkok).

Well, I've made it to Australia. I was very pleased to make it through customs out of Indonesia and into Australia without any hitches (One more passport stamp!). Stayed last two nights in Perth and arrived in Freemantle this morning. Perth was very pretty, clean, and white. It was a bit anti-climatic as I am ~10,000 miles from Austin and the city felt very similar. Ran some errands, slept another night in the far from clean "Planet Inn" and hopped the train to Freemantle. It is quite beautiful here, still very much like the US, but now I'm surrounded by the India Ocean, great food, and lots of boats - so I'm a happy camper.

Another advantage of being back in the West is I'm now on wireless internet again and getting pictures uploaded. It's taking all day - but I'm on no schedule. I'll post some to my blog soon, but for a preview check out my flickr sight.

FYI my cell number in Australia is: 61-424605716 (I know your disappointed, Paul)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME photos!! No words to discribe the intense emotions they spur! Your talent is unsurpassed -please promise these won't "go away" before uploaded to your blog (purely selfish reasons as I want to save them)