Thursday, January 27, 2005

Norweigans...Kiwis...Bacardi

Well I'm still in Kuta. But I've got 3 weeks without a schedule and I can handle that I think. Having a blast with folks I met around the pool (the accommodations are amazing here). Dropped off laundry so I'll be around at least until tomorrow... after that I just have to fly out on the 16th. Those are my deadlines. Went swimming in the surf today and I could see my toes clearly through the water, this place is truly amazing. I'll be taking many photos but don't think I'll be able to upload them until I get to Perth as the internet here is quite slow. Hope all is great back home. Here it is ~90 degrees, blue skies, blue water, and white sandy beaches -- gotta love it.

PS to answer your comment Nick, I have found that people so far hate American forgein policy, but not american people (thank goodness). Everyone should travel - I'm convinced.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the pics. Daniel was in here yesterday and we had fun looking at the Thailand pics.

Mileah

Anonymous said...

Trey-da-man,

How english be for him? Well they treat you? Know I one thing, Yoda to Bangkok went.

Your pictures are not just out of a dream, but seem to have been lifted from the pages of National Geographic Travel magazine or the like.

I am so thrilled for you and your adventurous spirit. I have no doubt you will come to find the truest happiness of all, for in giving yourself a gift such as this, a gift of time...time to smell, observe, absorb, and touch lives around the world, you have met a most important challenge ...that of loving yourself first...and loving yourself enough to embark on a soul's quest alone. And that, my friend, I think is the most significant realization you could make before you ever make the choice to combine your life, your experiences, your philosophies, your passions, your flavors, and your toothpaste with someone else's for yet another adventure of sharing, building, and creating. I hope this journey around the world lasts a lifetime and imparts gifts indelibly marked on your soul for you to share with eternity.

There will always be a place for you at our table.
Peace and guardian angels as you live, love, and laugh

Melissa Greenwell