Thursday, January 20, 2005

Waking up at 5:00 am.

I should be more accurate before some of my old colleges have a heart attack. I'm waking up at 5 am in Bangkok only because my internal clock is so jacked up the last couple days.

Despite my best efforts got a bit scammed by a local yesterday. He was this "nice guy" who just wanted to "practice his English" (right out of the warnings in the travel books). But I thought I'll bleed this guy for info on Thai culture and keep my shirt on. Despite that I ended up buying crap I didn't need for way to much because I didn't want to just walk away from the guy and tell him to... On my local's advice I got a Thai massage which was pretty bad ass, but I paid 1000 Baht for it. None the less, it was 2 hours and 1000 Baht is about $25, so I guess it won't force me home in bankruptcy.

I did get a couple pictures yesterday, but the computer at the hostel isn't picking up my flash card reader. So I'll have to try another internet cafe today. By the way, you computer guys will appreciate that the chassis of the computer that sits in an outdoor veranda in 100% humidity is somehow grounded because when you touch it, it shocks you. Well the rain is letting up and the sun is rising.

Hoping for blue skies in Southeast Asia, Trey

PS Thanks for all the comments and emails, I love practicing my english as well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GADZOOKS! $25 for 2 HOURS? Sign me up. Shoot, a 2 hour massage for all your bloggin' friends too! By the way, you wouldn't be referring to the great gifts you are purchasing for all of us statesiders as 'crap', now would you? Love ya...Max & Friends

Anonymous said...

You are the man. SE Asia brace yourself.
I don't know of a better ambassador for Texas than Trey. Be careful. Godspeed. Remember where ever you go, that is where you are. Pops

Anonymous said...

Hi Trey!! This is pretty cool. We can't wait to read the next one. And, we are looking forward to seeing your pictures!! :-) Jess & Matt

Anonymous said...

just wondering if that 2 hour massage came with a "happy ending"? :) -Colin