Friday, January 21, 2005

What day is it?

Well I'm already losing track of time while simultaneously getting my bio-clock back in line. Slept all the way until 6:30 today! Staying up late, and sleeping in a comfortable air conditioned room definitely helps. Caught back up with the girls I met on the plane from LAX and they offered me free lodging with them at the Twin Towers hotel which I grabbed at like the hungry dogs walking around Bangkok's alleys. So A great shower, night on the town, and sleep in a king sized bed with a real mattress has done wonders for my spirits. Not to mention the weather is clearing and I got some great pictures yesterday of Wat Phra Kaew (BTW Wat is a temple, of which there are ~600 in Bangkok alone). It was amazing. Hopefully I'll have some photos uploaded within a few days, just have to get my computer online somewhere. Did a little shopping yesterday for souvenirs and real deal beatnik clothing to wear around these blazing climates. (Did I mention it's 95/95, that's degrees/humidity) The rain each morning really keeps this place blazing.

The real adventure was going out last night with Summer and Shannon to one of those famous Bangkok "Strip Clubs". 20 mins is plenty for a lifetime, but I think you have to see it while here, so I did. Let's just say I'll never look at ping pong balls the same. (cold shutter running down spine)

Thank you all for the great comments, haven't figured out how to respond directly to them so I just wanted to let you know they're great to read.

Via con dios, (entirely out of context use of foreign language)
Trey

PS got my backpack back night before last, which has made me much less stinky.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time you play ping pong you might think to yourself, "wow these ping pong balls weigh hardly anything. oh yeah i guess that's because they aren't soaked in thai vajuice."

Anonymous said...

Mmm Less Stinky. That's Hot.

Anonymous said...

That ping pong ball comment sure gets a difference response depending on whose reading it. I laughed pretty hard. Jess still has a look of horror.
-- Matt

Anonymous said...

whitney and I am enjoying everthing you have to say. We don't know how to sign in so I'm just seeing if this will work. We did close your car sale.

Chuck